Saturday, 3 May 2014

Morning Song

I begged happiness from the dawn,
rising sun may make me rise with it,
I blew off candle flames,
and let the day light my life up.

I sailed on expectations,
of happy surprises,
not big but little delights,
that I can gulp in without guilt,
as I slip out of my quilt,
in a hurry matching the rush of streets,
that busy people bring about.
A few moments to catch breathe,
act carefree and boundless,
like catching the speeding bus,
in a positive spirited jitter,
and the little good feeling that would accompany it.

I ran down thoughts,
in a worry sprinkled
on my checklist of pending things,
I wish to remove one today,
without forcing to be alive,
and live in the flow
of drugged dancer's footsteps,
random but natural,
simple but beautiful.

To the will of my destiny,
I again start afresh the same way,
a cold bath, a teacup, biscuits and fried eggs.
I beg a relaxed day,
time to smile, moments of laughter,
glimpses of smiles, and silence after.
A quick sleep through the night,
this much only,
would have made life so livable.

No comments:

Post a Comment