Sunday, 16 March 2014

The Use of Being Kind

What is the use of being kind?
I used to ask to my mind.
are these busy people worthy enough?
they dont even notice you.
I am not a hollow man,
that everyone just hurries through!

That they have self motive towering over their humanity, values,
how are they living with such an insensitivity?
that being a human, a human's plea doesn't affect them,
I ask my mind repeatedly.
Cruel have they become,
these bodies driven by greed,
with blurred eyes they see,
the cost awaiting to be paid heed.

The hurry to save time,
pushing along the queue,
jumping over the spine,
chaos in my view,
upto where my gaze lasts,
I see no sign, no clue,
gone are the days of past,
of saner people, now very few.

"Situations!"
I hear from within.
A deep observation reveals an even deeper fact,
that by fate and fellowmen, these people lead here,
where simple humane values, most of us lack.
That this insanity is not natural,
but borrowed from devil,
cause when it became hard to eat wood,
It was easy to cut it.
That dont mistake my rue as my basic instinct,
that I too falter to see people die,
but my faith has been darkened by griefs,
but to live, to survive, I have adopted weepless cry.

Then I try to drink my anger and wait until its all drank,
to think with all my heart about them, who have sank,
below their levels of tollerance and rationalism,
while fighting and loosing their morals to devil,
they dont react much, they are blank.

To these who deserve some love, some care,
thirsty at the brink of mercy,
I try to be kind and to be fair,
by being kind to the ill fated and showing some courtesy.
That its not a question of use anymore,
kindness at hand is sanity for a man,
that I choose to fight the devils at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment